Thursday, September 3, 2009

This is me...

My name is Caitlin Metcalfe and I am a sophomore at WKU. I am a member of Alpha Delta Pi sorority and I absolutely LOVE it. I'm not really your stereo-type sorority girl though, I'm really big into sports and you'll usually catch me in a pair of gym shorts and a t-shirt as apposed to being all dolled up.
WKU was actually my second choice for college, I really wanted to go to Ole Miss in Mississippi...but with out-of-state tuition and me not being able to keep any of the scholarships I got in KY, I decided to save my parents a second mortgage and go where I got the most money. In the long run, I'm really glad I did because I love Western and all it has to offer...minus TERRIBLE parking!
My major is Corporate and Organizational Communications, basically meaning I like to talk to people. I think this class is going to be interesting because I love listening to other people's opinions about certain things and then telling my opinions and comparing the two. It is kind of ironic to be in a women's studies class with mostly women giving out their opinions, because way back when, women basically weren't allowed to give their opinions about anything and if they did then it wasn't even considered.
I'm not exactly sure what I want out of life yet, right now I just like to take whatever it throws at me and try to roll with it...but I do know that I want to graduate in 3 years and get a job that I love doing....and that makes a lot of money :)

1 comment:

  1. Nice to meet you, Caitlin! Loved the introduction and hope you enjoy the class!

    ReplyDelete